- YORUBAS DEMAND A STOP TO HERDSMEN ATTACKS AS THEY CELEBRATE JUNE 12
- WHY I WEPT AT SENATE – DINO MELAYE RECALLS HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES
- SANWO-OLU: I’VE LOST WEIGHT IN ONE WEEK AS GOVERNOR
- OLUWO OF IWOLAND REACTS TO ALLEGED ATTEMPT TO SLEEP WITH IMAM’S WIFE
- FUNKE AKINDELE CHASES JJC SKILL OFF STAGE AFTER HE CLIMBED TO JOIN SWEET BOYS ASSOCIATION
Former presidential candidate, Oby Ezekwesili, has won the Forbes Woman Africa Social Influencer award at the prestigious Forbes Woman Africa Awards inaugural gala dinner.
The event which was held in Durban, South Africa, recognises Ezekwesili’s efforts in launching the viral #BringBackOurGirls campaign on social media.
The dinner followed a full day of panel discussions and talks by New Wealth Creators from across Africa at the fourth annual Forbes Woman Africa Leading Women Summit.
Managing editor of Forbes Africa and Forbes Woman Africa, Methil Renuka, said: “The ceremony was the perfect conclusion to a highly constructive day of networking and concept sharing by Africa’s most dynamic women.
“I would like to congratulate every award recipient – the work they are doing is impacting the lives of millions of young women worldwide, creating a space for them to, in turn, make their mark in a meaningful way.”
Several other women were recognised in business, sports, science, entertainment and leadership, including Divine Simbi-Ndhlukula (Forbes Woman Africa Businesswoman of the Year Award); Rachel Sibande (Forbes Woman Africa Gen Y Award); Caster Semenya (Forbes Woman Africa Sports Award); Sho Madjozi (Forbes Woman Africa Entertainer Award); Uche Pedro (Forbes Woman Africa New Media Award), among others.