- YORUBAS DEMAND A STOP TO HERDSMEN ATTACKS AS THEY CELEBRATE JUNE 12
- WHY I WEPT AT SENATE – DINO MELAYE RECALLS HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES
- SANWO-OLU: I’VE LOST WEIGHT IN ONE WEEK AS GOVERNOR
- OLUWO OF IWOLAND REACTS TO ALLEGED ATTEMPT TO SLEEP WITH IMAM’S WIFE
- FUNKE AKINDELE CHASES JJC SKILL OFF STAGE AFTER HE CLIMBED TO JOIN SWEET BOYS ASSOCIATION
The Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial district, Senator Dino Melaye, has finally surrendered to the Police after an eight-day siege on his Abuja residence.
According to reports, the lawmaker is currently in the custody of the police Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Abuja.
Melaye and his colleagues, who came to his residence to show solitary, headed out to the police headquarters as at the time of filing this report.
This comes up after an Abuja High Court on Thursday, refused an ex-parte application brought by Melaye to order the removal of police blockage on his residence.
It could be recalled that Over 50 policemen had stormed Melaye’s mansion last week Friday in an attempt to arrest him for interrogation over the alleged shooting of one Sgt. Aliyu.
The policeman, who is said to be lying critically ill at the Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja, was said to have been injured by suspected thugs loyal to the senator in Kogi State last July.
But Melaye, who represents Kogi West in the National Assembly, had barricaded himself in his home and refused to surrender for arrest.