- The Pastor Fatoyinbo Saga: One Attack, Too Many
- K1 DE ULTIMATE'S PERFORMANCE AT PRINCE MUSILIU ADEBARA'S 60TH BIRTHDAY
- K1 DE ULTIMATE TIPS SEN LEKAN MUSTAPHA FOR JUICY POSTS IN THE SENATE,URGES AHMAD LAWAN TO SURPPORT
- YORUBAS DEMAND A STOP TO HERDSMEN ATTACKS AS THEY CELEBRATE JUNE 12
- WHY I WEPT AT SENATE – DINO MELAYE RECALLS HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES
Nigeria Senate on Wednesday went rowdy over alleged disbursement of social intervention funds to members of APC throughout the country by the federal government.
Senator Biodun Olujimi representing Ekiti South Senatorial district alleged that beneficiaries of the programme were being asked to provide details of their Permanent Voter Card in the application form.
While presenting a copy of the form, she further alleged that ‘I Stand with Buhari’ was written on it.
Olujimi’s explanation generated abrupt pandemonium as the chamber had become noisy before the Majority Leader, Senator Ahmad Lawan, who defended the Buhari-led administration and the programme could speak.
Speaking through order 42 of the Senate rules on Wednesday, the minority leader while displaying a sample of forms for funds disbursement explained that the form, “carries PVC number and a designated Customers’ account number with Access Bank”.
The APC lawmakers, however, forced the Senate to resolve that the SURE-P policy of the immediate past PDP government led by former President Goodluck Jonathan be probed.