- The Pastor Fatoyinbo Saga: One Attack, Too Many
- K1 DE ULTIMATE'S PERFORMANCE AT PRINCE MUSILIU ADEBARA'S 60TH BIRTHDAY
- K1 DE ULTIMATE TIPS SEN LEKAN MUSTAPHA FOR JUICY POSTS IN THE SENATE,URGES AHMAD LAWAN TO SURPPORT
- YORUBAS DEMAND A STOP TO HERDSMEN ATTACKS AS THEY CELEBRATE JUNE 12
- WHY I WEPT AT SENATE – DINO MELAYE RECALLS HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES
Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has directed Inspector General of Police Ibrahim Idris to overhaul the management and activities of the Police Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) with immediate effect.
This was disclosed on Tuesday in a release by Laolu Akande, his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity.
According to Akande, the decision of the Government was as a result of complaints and reports on the activities of SARS, bothering on human right violations.
“Following persistent complaints and reports on the activities of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) that border on allegations of human rights violations, His Excellency, Professor Yemi Osinbajo SAN, Acting-President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, has directed the Inspector General of Police to, with immediate effect, overhaul the management and activities of SARS,” the release read.