- OPINION: Role Of The Church In Politics And Governance Today
- Nipsey Hussle's Alleged Killer Gets $7M Bail After Being Charged With Mother
- Comedian, Trevor Noah Mocks Minister of Agriculture Audu Ogbeh's Pizza Comment
- Dino Melaye Gifts Loyal Photographer Brand New Car (Photo)
- Boeing Takes Responsibility For The 737 Jet Crashes That Left 346 People Dead
Emmanuel Okolo a Lagos based Doctor who slapped and flogged a nurse that works at his hospital, appeared before Epe Magistrates’s court in Lagos State.
The 35-year-old doctor was arrested on June 20th after he slapped Dorcas Adeyera, 23, for admitting accident victim without his consent.
The police charged Okolo with a one-count charge of assault. Moses Oyekanmi the Police prosecutor told the court the accused committed at about 2 am, at Awoyaya Hospital in Ibeju-Lekki.
Okolo was said to have initially summoned Adeyera into his office and ordered her to kneel down. When she refused, the doctor was alleged to have dealt her several slaps and also flogged her with a belt.
The nurse, in her report to the medical director of the hospital, said she was humiliated by Okolo. “My Lord, the accused caused bodily injury to the complainant. .
He slapped her just because she worked for him. He should be punished for it,” prosecutor Oyekanmi said.
The offence contravenes Section 172 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015. (Revised) .
After pleading not guilty, Magistrate O. A. Fowowe-Erusiafe admitted him to bail at N50,000. Fowowe-Erusiafe adjourned the case till August 19 for trial.